Monday, January 10, 2011

Update


First thing is a picture! Holy crap, right? This was a Xmas present for Josh - it's knit pick's wool of the andes - bulky, colorway Redwood Forest. The pattern is called The Corrugator. It's an awesomely easy, slip-stitch pattern, that I loved doing. It ended up being about 5.5 feet long and took two skeins of yarn on size 10 needles.

After that I finished Saroyan, which I used Plymouth Happy Feet in a variegated green colorway which I adore. I still have to block it and take pictures of it, but I love how it turned out from just finishing knitting it, so I'm sure that it will only get better once it is blocked.

I went to LYS to check out what they had - which I gave in and bought more Malabrigo sock yarn (Caribeno) and Mini Mochi (Rainbow). I've been making arm warmers out of the mini mochi - which are my own design. Lacey for the Northern CA winters that I'm going to have to get used to.

I have a crap ton of blocking that needs to be done, a shawl for one of my bff's wedding, a second go at the lacy arm warmers (so I can write up the pattern and have it test knitted), and whatever else catches my eye for projects. Also, will focus more on patterns this year if I need to buy knitting stuff, rather than buying more yarn. Do NOT need more yarn right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment